General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides the legal framework that
defines how personal information can be used. Joseph’s Goal is fully committed to
complying with the principles set out in the GDPR and has a legal duty to protect any
we use your data. In summary:
- Your personal information is only used for the purpose for which we collect it.
- Only information that we need is collected.
- Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs.
- We will only disclose data when we have your consent, or where we are obliged to disclose personal data by law or legal obligation.
- We will keep your information up to date. Inaccurate or misleading data will be corrected as soon as possible.
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is needed.
- Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure and processed in an appropriate manner to maintain its integrity and confidentiality.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request (see below for information on Controlling Your Information).
These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic
Joseph’s Goal is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. When you
provide information by which you can be identified when making a donation then you
can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. If
you choose to remain anonymous the charity will not be able to apply for Gift Aid on
your donation but will still add the donation to the charity’s accounts to comply with
it’s legal responsibilities.
Joseph’s Goal may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You
should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any
changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and title
- Home address including postcode (where the donation is to be gift aided)
- Telephone number
- Email address
How we collect information?
We collect information from a number of sources, for example:
- Reports of donations made On Line through “My Donate” and “Just Giving” websites (see Links to other websites, below)
- Direct transfer of cash to Joseph’s Goal Bank Account.
- Personal donations presented or sent to the charitiy’s Treasurer
What we do with the information we gather
Joseph’s Goal will not share your information with any commercial organisation and
will not use your information for marketing or promotional purposes unless you
specifically ask us in writing to share your information for these purposes.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your data will depend upon the
circumstances in which it is being collected and used and will fall into one of two
- where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation;
- or where it is in our legitimate interests to perform our functions, for example, processing donations to raise funds and to deliver our charity’s purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent
unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic
and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website has links to donation giving websites. When you use these links, you
should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we
cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you
provide whilst visiting such sites and they are not governed by this privacy
statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable
to the website you have accessed.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the
Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you,
please write to: Mr A Houghton, 59 Spring Road, Orrell, Wigan, WN5 8QB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete,
please write to Mr A Houghton at the above address. We will promptly correct any
information found to be incorrect.